FFXIV ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker) is a third-party tool used by players of the popular MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) to track and analyze combat data. ACT provides a wide range of features, including real-time combat log parsing, damage and healing meters, threat meters, and customizable visual and audio notifications. It allows players to analyze their performance in battles, including their damage output, healing efficiency, and other combat-related metrics. Now significant users are facing the “FFXIV ACT Not Working” issue & they are reporting on the internet.
Why is FFXIV ACT Not Working?
There could be several reasons why FFXIV ACT is not working properly. Here are some possible reasons:
- Game updates: Final Fantasy XIV is a live game that receives regular updates, and these updates may sometimes cause compatibility issues with FFXIV ACT. If the game has been recently updated, the ACT plugin may need to be updated as well to ensure compatibility.
- ACT version compatibility: Make sure you are using the correct version of FFXIV ACT that is compatible with your version of Final Fantasy XIV. Different versions of ACT may be required for different patches or expansions of the game. Using an outdated or incompatible version of ACT may result in it not functioning properly.
- Firewall or antivirus settings: Firewall or antivirus settings may block FFXIV ACT from accessing the necessary game data or functions, resulting in issues. Check your firewall or antivirus settings to ensure that FFXIV ACT is allowed to access the game’s data and functions without any restrictions.
- Incorrect settings: Double-check the settings in FFXIV ACT to ensure they are configured correctly. Verify settings such as the game’s install location, log path, and network settings to make sure they are accurate and match your game’s settings.
- Conflicting plugins: If you are using multiple plugins with FFXIV ACT, there could be conflicts between them that are causing issues. Try disabling all plugins and then enabling them one by one to identify if any specific plugin is causing the problem.
- Game overlay settings: Some game overlays, such as Discord overlay or Steam overlay, may interfere with FFXIV ACT’s functionality. Try disabling any overlays you have enabled to see if it resolves the issue.
- User error: It’s also possible that the issue is due to user error, such as incorrect installation or setup of FFXIV ACT. Double-check the installation instructions and setup guides to ensure that you have correctly installed and configured FFXIV ACT.
How to Fix the FFXIV ACT Not Working? or Stopped Working today?
If you have tried the above troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing issues with FFXIV ACT not working, you may need to read the dedicated fixing steps:
Launch ACT First
At the first try this basic solution to fix the issue. Launch FFXIV ACT before launching Final Fantasy XIV. some users reported that after downloading a recent 6.35 update of Advanced Combat Tracker, users need to launch the ACT first to fiction with the game smoothly.
Reopening the client
Closing the client then opening ACT, and then opening the client again will work for many users, you can also try this trick.
Check ACT Latest Version
Ensure that you are using the latest version of FFXIV ACT that is compatible with your version of Final Fantasy XIV. Check the official website or the ACT plugin repository for any available updates and install them.
Verify game updates
Make sure that Final Fantasy XIV is also up-to-date with the latest patches and expansions. Game updates can sometimes cause compatibility issues with ACT, so ensuring that both the game and ACT are on the latest version can help resolve any conflicts.
Check firewall and antivirus settings
Ensure that your firewall or antivirus settings are not blocking FFXIV ACT from accessing the game’s data and functions. Add exceptions or exclusions for ACT in your firewall or antivirus settings to allow it to operate without restrictions.
- Open Windows Settings from the Windows Start bar.
- Scroll down & Open Update and Security.
- Select Windows Security.
- Now select Open Windows Security.
- Turn Off the Virus & Threat Protection as well as the Windows Defender Firewall option (not recommended).
Read Also – (Solved) MW2 Battle Pass Not Working? – Fix “Fetching Store info” Error
Verify that your FFXIV ACT settings are correctly configured. Check settings such as the game’s install location, log path, and network settings to ensure they match your game’s settings. Incorrect settings can cause ACT to not function properly.
Disable conflicting plugins
If you are using multiple plugins with FFXIV ACT, try disabling them one by one to identify if any specific plugin is causing the issue. Some plugins may conflict with each other or with ACT, so disabling them can help isolate the problem.
Disable any game overlays, such as Discord overlay or Steam overlay, as they may interfere with FFXIV ACT’s functionality. Disable these overlays and see if the issue resolves.
Reinstall FFXIV ACT
If none of the above steps work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling FFXIV ACT from scratch. Follow the installation instructions carefully to ensure a correct installation.
Seek community or developer support
If you are still experiencing issues, you may need to seek further assistance from the FFXIV ACT community or support forums, They may be able to provide specific guidance or troubleshooting steps for your current issue.
Remember to always back up your ACT settings and logs before making any changes, and follow any instructions or guidelines provided by the ACT community or developer.
the “FFXIV ACT Not Working” problem can be resolved by following these troubleshooting steps. Updating ACT, verifying game updates, checking firewall and antivirus settings, double-checking settings, disabling conflicting plugins or overlays, reinstalling ACT, or seeking community or developer support are potential solutions. Remember to always back up your ACT settings and logs before making any changes, and follow any instructions or guidelines provided by the ACT community or developer.