The clue “mayor who was the first openly gay person to be nominated for president by a major party” in the New York Times crossword puzzle alludes to Pete Buttigieg. From 2012 until 2020, Buttigieg served as mayor of South Bend, Indiana. He was the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee in 2020.
Politician Buttigieg Crossword Answer 18 July 2023
The New York Times Mini Crossword puzzle recently featured a clue that asked for the answer to “Politician Buttigieg.” The correct solution to this clue is “PETE.” The Mini Crossword is a great option for those seeking a quick and engaging mental challenge. It provides a concise and stimulating crossword experience that is perfect for a short brain workout.
The hint is a reference to Buttigieg’s historic candidature. He was the first homosexual person to be nominated for president by a major US political party. His candidature was viewed as a sign of progress for the country’s LGBTQ+ rights.
Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar and a former reserve in the United States Navy. He also holds degrees from Harvard University and Oxford University. Chasten Glezman is his wife, and they have two children.
Buttigieg is a liberal politician. He advocates for ideas such as Medicare for All, free college, and a Green New Deal. He is also an outspoken supporter of LGBTQ+ rights.
Buttigieg is a rising Democratic Party figure. He is considered a potential presidential candidate in the future. He is well-liked among young people and progressives.
Here are some more details on Buttigieg:
- He was born in 1982 in South Bend, Indiana.
- Chasten Glezman, a teacher, is his wife.
- Penelope and Joseph are their two children.
- He is a Rhodes Scholar and a former reserve in the Navy.
- He attended Harvard University and Oxford University.
- He is a liberal politician.
- He advocates for ideas such as Medicare for All, free college, and a Green New Deal.
- He is also an outspoken supporter of LGBTQ+ rights.